Medica and Park Nicollet Health Services announce Park Nicollet First with Medica
Medica and Park Nicollet Health Services today announced Park Nicollet First with Medica, an accountable care organization (ACO) option for people who receive their insurance coverage from an employer that purchases Medica’s market-leading private health exchange, My Plan by MedicaSM. Park Nicollet First with Medica is available starting with an effective coverage date of November 1, 2012.
Under an ACO model, Park Nicollet and Medica collaborate to optimize the experiences of consumers and patients. By delivering high quality care with a coordinated approach between insurance coverage and patient care delivery, the healthcare process is simplified and lowers costs for consumers.
Park Nicollet First with Medica members receive:
- Access to Park Nicollet’s 20 primary care clinics* and to its specialists who practice in more than 55 medical and surgical specialties.
- Access to Park Nicollet’s six urgent care locations
- Access to Park Nicollet’s specialty centers, including Park Nicollet’s Bariatric Surgery Center, Frauenshuh Cancer Center, Heart and Vascular Center, International Diabetes Center, Jane Brattain Breast Center, Melrose Institute for Eating Disorders, Struthers Parkinson’s Center, Alexander Center (developmental and behavior needs of children and families), and TRIA Orthopaedic Center.
- Access to Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, a 426 bed facility recognized as an area leader in cancer care, cardiovascular services, maternity care and neuro-rehabilitation medicine. Named one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the United States, Methodist Hospital is located in St. Louis Park, Minnesota.
- Access to a 24/7 Nurse Advisor phone line
- Access to 24/7 online diagnosis and treatment for common medical conditions
- CareWire™, a text messaging service that guides patients to and through their appointments
- A dedicated phone number to connect patients to the appropriate resources
- Valet parking at Methodist Hospital and certain clinic locations
- Discounts at Park Nicollet Health and Care Stores and Park Nicollet pharmacies
"We are excited about this opportunity to bring Park Nicollet’s nationally recognized quality care to members of Park Nicollet First with Medica,” said Park Nicollet CEO David Abelson, MD. “This innovative collaboration between providers and payers is pioneering new ways of delivering care that will provide better experiences for our patients.”
"We conceived My Plan by Medica as a private health exchange that highlights consumer-focused ACOs created with outstanding care systems,” said David Tilford, Medica’s president and CEO. “Park Nicollet First with Medica reflects the advanced thinking our organizations have done together and we’re thrilled to offer this to employers and their employees.”
My Plan by Medica
My Plan by Medica is a private health exchange model based on a defined contribution financing approach. Employers determine how much money they want to spend on employee health benefits and then allocate pre-tax dollars into a health account on behalf of each employee. The private health exchange, proprietary to Medica and powered by Bloom Health, allows employers to offer an integrated health plan enrollment experience for their employees – from making a plan selection to account administration and customer service.
Medica (www.medica.com and newscenter.medica.com/) is a health services company headquartered in Minneapolis and active in the Upper Midwest. The non-profit company provides health care coverage in the employer, individual, Medicaid, Medicare and Medicare Part D markets in Minnesota and a growing number of counties in North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Medica also offers national network coverage to employers who also have employees outside the Medica regional network.
Medica has the highest accreditation status, Excellent, from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA®) for its Minnesota Medicaid HMO plans and commercial health plans in Minnesota and North Dakota. Medica’s vision is to become the community’s health plan of choice, trusted for its integrity, respected for its service, and admired for its commitment to innovation and efficiency.
Connect with Medica on Twitter @Medica4Me and Facebook at www.facebook.com/Medica4Me.
About Park Nicollet
Park Nicollet Health Services is an integrated care system that includes Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, Park Nicollet Clinic, Park Nicollet Foundation and Park Nicollet Institute. Park Nicollet Health Services is based in St. Louis Park and has more than 8,100 employees, including more than 1,000 physicians on staff. For more details, visit www.parknicollet.com. Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/parknicollet and follow us on Twitter @Park_Nicollet.
*Park Nicollet Clinic – Champlin opens in January 2013