Keeping you healthy throughout your life
You’ll likely visit your primary doctor for immunizations and check ups. At Park Nicollet, our team of Pediatric, Family and Internal Medicine professionals provide preventive care for patients of all ages and from all walks of life. We believe the best way to provide the ultimate care for you and your family is to get to know you as an individual. We partner with you and learn about your unique life so we can recommend the best ways to maintain your health.
Most preventive care services are provide by your primary care clinician, who may be a medical doctor (MD), doctor of osteopathy (DO), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA) in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics or Ob/Gyn.
Other preventive care services, such as eye exams, mammograms and colonoscopies, may take place in specialty areas.
Preventive care appointments are important for everyone, but the type of clinician you see depends on your life stage and individual needs and preferences.
- Internal Medicine: provides annual physicals, acute care and ongoing health maintenance for adults ages 18 and older.
- Family Medicine: provides primary care for adults and children – your entire family can see the same clinician.
- Internal Medicine – Pediatrics: provide primary care for adults and children with a medical professional who is certified and trained in both specialties
- Pediatrics: specializes in caring for children from birth to age 21. Park Nicollet has the largest pediatrics practice in the state.
- Ob/Gyn: specializes in obstetrics and gynecology, but also provides annual wellness exams and general preventive care for women.