Problems with your digestive system can create discomfort, pain and worry – and can interfere with activities in your daily life. At Park Nicollet, our skilled and compassionate specialists are committed to excellence in gastroenterology and digestive care. We strive to prevent gastrointestinal cancers through our colon cancer screening program.
Our experts are specially trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of gastrointestinal disorders, including inflammatory bowel disease, liver disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, pancreatic diseases and cancer. All outpatient endoscopic procedures are performed at our facility located at Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital.
Colon Cancer Awareness
Did you know that you have a 1 in 20 chance of developing colon cancer in your lifetime? Many cases can be prevented or effectively treated when caught early. American Cancer Society recommends men and women begin screenings at age 50. Call 952-993-3240 to schedule a colon cancer screening at Park Nicollet today.
Recognized as a leader in gastrointestinal care
Our team members work hard to provide excellent care to our patients. That hard work has been recognized by Healthgrades®, a leading online resource to help consumers make informed decisions to find the right doctor, the right hospital for the right care. Healthgrades has recognized Methodist Hospital as among the top in the nation for gastrointestinal care in 2017.
Here’s a closer look at all of the gastrointestinal care recognition from Healthgrades:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2017 Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall GI Services in 2017
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for GI Medical Treatment in 2017
- Five-Star Recipient for Colorectal Surgeries for 2 Years in a Row (2016-2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed for 4 Years in a Row (2014-2017)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction in 2017