Is bariatric surgery right for you?
If you are wondering if bariatric surgery is right for you or want to know what the options are, take this free online bariatric seminar to learn more. The seminar is made up of four sections with questions at the end of each section to test your understanding. It takes about 30-45 minutes to complete. If you get a score of 75% or better, you'll receive more information in the mail. We understand that choosing surgery can be difficult. That's why we offer this free online seminar and require that our bariatric surgery patients take it prior to making an appointment.
The seminar covers the causes of obesity, surgical options, the risks and benefits of operating, and how to take care of yourself after surgery. You'll also learn what makes Park Nicollet a certified Center of Excellence for bariatric surgery.
The History of Obesity
Your Surgical Options
- What causes obesity
- Degrees of obesity and understanding BMI
- Co-morbidities associated with obesity
- Why patients choose us
Risks and Benefits
- Our surgical process
- Your options for weight loss
- Criteria for surgery
- How to prepare for your operation
- The benefits and risks of operating
- Adjustable gastric banding, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and biliopancreatic diversion
- What to expect after surgery
- Pregnancy after bariatric surgery
- Support groups
- Insurance requirements