Designed With Healing In Mind
We have been successfully treating patients with eating disorders for more than 25 years. In 1986 we opened as Methodist Hospital Eating Disorders Institute, offering both inpatient and outpatient care in a hospital setting. In 2009, Methodist Hospital Eating Disorders Institute became Park Nicollet Melrose Institute and moved into a new 67,000-square foot freestanding facility in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. In 2013 we again changed our name - to Park Nicollet Melrose Center - to better reflect the supportive, healing-focused care we provide.
Dedicated to treating eating disorders within the community, Melrose Center is a safe, comfortable place for healing. The soothing atmosphere and therapeutic healing garden help with relaxation, practicing effective coping skills and reducing anxiety, depression and obsessive thoughts.
- Care managers provide a single point of contact for families, patients and providers
- Design flow creates effective appointments and less wait time
- Team-based approach to patient care
- 30-bed inpatient unit
- Capacity to care for more than 1,300 patients
- Fitness center
- Healing garden and chapel
- Nine residential beds
- Resource center for patient education