PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AND SELECTED ACTIVITIES
· Advisory Board, Li, Li, Li Read!, an organization that provides comfort to children, promotes literacy, and provides jobs to victims of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti.
· AAP CATCH Planning Grant: Hennepin County Foster Care Health
· AAP Somali Early Brain Development Grant - physician champion
· Volunteer, Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos pediatric clinics, Tegucigalpa, Honduras, January 2011, 2012
· Mentor, Public Health Intern, 2010
· Volunteer, St. Croix Field Hospital/World Wide Villages, Leogane, Haiti, May 2010
· Reviewer, Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (2010 - )
· Minnesota Medical Home Collaborative. Team leader, St. Joseph’s Home for Children Community Clinic, Minneapolis, MN. 2006-2007.
· “Community Partnership for Foster Care Health.” Principle Investigator. Workgroup to develop medical home model for children in foster care in Minnesota. Supported by the University of Minnesota Office of Public Engagement ($5000 seed grant). (Funded 12/2006; Project to run 2/2007-12/2007)
· Neonatal Services Committee, Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN. 2008-
· Junior Mentor, Academic Pediatric Association New Century Scholars Program (2006-08)
· Reviewer, Pediatric Academic Societies. Reviewed abstracts re: behavioral and developmental pediatrics for 2007 conference. December 2006.
· Fellow representative to the Training Faculty Committee. Divisions of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Health and Medicine. 2005-2007.
· Consultant, Needs assessment of children and youth in out-of-home care in Hennepin County. Provided to St. Joseph’s Home for Children/Catholic Charities Health Task Force. Fall 2006.
· Co-leader, Physicians and Foster Parents for Kids: volunteer teaching/coordinating pediatrics residents to teach medical issues to foster parents, 2005.
· Pediatrics representative to the House Staff Association, 2001-2003.
· Co-President, Family Practice Interest Group, 1994-1995.
· Coordinator, Cornell University Medical College Primary Care Week, September 1994.
· Student Committee: Curriculum Survey for AAMC Reaccreditation, 1994-1995.
· Volunteer, Homeless Shelter First Aid Project, 1993-1994.
· Adolescent Substance Abuse Prevention, volunteer teacher, 1993-1994.
· HIV Education in New York City public high school, volunteer teacher, 1994.
Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
Section membership: Adoption and Foster Care, International Child Health
HONORS AND AWARDS
The Humanitarian Award, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, May 2003
MD with honors in research, 1998
Jay Lawrence Award for Clinical Efficiency in Infectious Diseases, 1998
B.H. Kean International Fellow, 1997-1998
Assistance Psychosociale des Enfants Victimes de Catastrophes, Port-au-Prince, Haiti. March 2011.
REACH Mini-Fellowship in Primary Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Carlsbad, CA. January 2009.
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Diagnostic Consortium, Staples, MN. October 2007.
Minnesota Medical Home Collaborative, 2006 – 2007, 2009-2010.
Basic Medical Training Academy, Midwest Regional Children’s Advocacy Center, St. Paul, MN. (Child Maltreatment). June 2006.
11th Annual International Health Course, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH. September 1999. “Management of Complex Humanitarian Emergencies: Focus on Children and Families.” Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital/ Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH. June 1999.
NRP certified 4/2010-4/2012
PALS certified 4/2010-4/2012