Clinical Research Experience:
1. An open-label study of the safety and tolerability of Memantine in pediatric patients with autism, Asperger's disorder or PDD NOS. Worked as a sub-investigator as well as an ADI-R and ADOS rater.
2. A phase III randomized double blind placebo controlled trial of Luminez-AT (CM-AT) in children with autism. Worked as a sub-investigator.
3. An open-label extension study of Luminez-AT (CM-AT) in children with autism. Worked as a sub-investigator.
4. The evaluation of Lamictal as an add-on treatment for bipolar I disorder in children and adolescents, 10 to 17 years of age. Worked as a sub-investigator.
5. Twenty-six week, open-label extension study evaluating the safety and tolerability of flexible doses of oral ziprasidone in children and adolescents with bipolar I disorder (manic and mixed). Worked as a sub-investigator.
1. Guan W, Schnieder R, Patterson J (2011) "I am in pain!"---A case report of illicit use of Fentanyl patches. The Primary Care Companion for CNS Disorders 13 (5): e1-e2.
2. Guan W (2011) "I choked my wife again!"---A case report. The Primary Care Companion for CNS Disorders 13 (2): e1-e2.
3. Guan W, Wang G, Scott SA and Condic ML (2008) Shh influences cell number and distribution of neuronal subtypes in dorsal root ganglia. Developmental Biology 314: 317-328.
4. Zhao CJ, Guan W and Pleasure SJ (2006) A transgenic marker mouse line lables Cajal-Retzius cells from the cortical hem and thalamocortical axons. Brain Research 1007: 48-53.
5. Guan W and Condic ML (2003) Characterization of Netrin-1, Neogenin and cUNC-5H3 expression during dorsal root ganglia development. Gene Expression Patterns 3: 369-373.
6. Guan W, Puthevendu MA and Condic ML (2003) Sensory neuron subtypes have unique patterns of axon outgrowth and receptor expression prior to target innervation. Journal of Neuroscience 23: 1781-1791.