T-cell clonality determination using polymerase chain reaction amplification of the T-cell receptor gamma-chain gene and capillary electrophoresis of fluorescently labeled products. J Sprouse, RW Werling, D Hanke, C Lakey, L McDonnel, BL Wood, DE Sabath. American Journal of Clinical Pathology (2000) 113:838-850. Recipient of University of Washington Department of Laboratory Medicine’s Strandjord Clayson Award for “meritorious research.”
2. Distribution of Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor (TFPI) in normal and malignant human tissues. RW Werling, LR Zacharski, W Kisiel, SP Bajaj, VA Memoli, SM Rousseau. Thrombosis and Hemostasis, 69 (4) 366-9 (1993).
3. CDX-2 is a highly sensitive and specific marker of adenocarcinomas of the colorectum and gastrointestinal tract: an immunohistochemical survey of 426 primary and metastatic carcinomas. RW Werling, H Yaziji, C Bacchi, AM Gown. American Journal of Surgical Pathology, 2003 Mar;27(3):303-10.
4. Immunohistochemical distinction of invasive from non-invasive breast lesions: a comparative study of p63 vs. calponin and smooth muscle myosin heavy chain. RW Werling, H Hwang, H Yaziji, and AM Gown. American Journal of Surgical Pathology, 2003 Jan;27(1):82-90.
5. HER-2 testing in breast cancer using parallel tissue-based methods. H Yaziji, LC Goldstein, TS Barry, RW Werling, H Hwang, GK Ellis, JR Gralow, RB Livingston, AM Gown. Journal of the American Medical Association, 2004; 291:1972-1977.
6. Assessment of T cell clonality via TCR gamma rearrangements in cutaneous T cell-dominant infiltrates using PCR and Single-Stranded DNA Conformational Polymorphism Assay. M Chen, A Deng, AN Crowson, M Srinivasan, K Yearsley, S Jewell, C Morrison, S Long, RW Werling, C Magro. Applied Immunohistochemistry and Molecular Morphol, 2004 Dec;12(4):373-9.
7. Primary cutaneous CD30+ large cell B-cell lymphoma: a series of 10 cases. C Magro, JW Nash , RW Werling, P Porcu, AN Crowson. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol, 2006 Mar;14(1):7-11.
8. Hypertrophic lupus erythematosus, clinical pathologic challenge. P Suwattee, PM Cham, RW Werling, VN