Providing support during a difficult time
We want to make a person’s final days as comfortable and meaningful as possible. Our team is committed to providing peace of mind to you and your family in a compassionate and dignified manner. We provide services to adults in their homes, at Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, nursing facilities and in assisted living communities.
Services provided by Park Nicollet Methodist Hospice:
- Pain and symptom management
- Individual and/or family counseling
- Caregiver support
- Patient and caregiver education
- Spiritual care
- Massage and music therapy
- Grief support
Park Nicollet provides hospice care at home or in a variety of other settings, including long-term care, assisted living residence, residential hospices or the hospital. In providing hospice care, we offer services that support and supplement the care your primary family caregiver and others give to you. We don’t provide the services of family or hired caregivers but can help you in arranging to hire additional services as needed. It’s important that both you and your family caregivers participate in decisions about your care.
Our goals are to:
- Provide information, discuss realistic options and respect your choices with a focus on enhancing the quality of your life
- Make every reasonable effort to relieve your pain and other undesirable physical symptoms
- Identify, address and discuss the emotional and spiritual concerns you and your family may have
- Encourage the maximum degree of independence possible for you and your family
- Coordinate the various team members involved in your care to ensure effective communication and maximum benefit from the care provided
- Anticipate and recognize changes in your condition at the earliest possible time and take appropriate action to prevent or minimize complications
- Offer and provide grief support options and services
"What hospice brings is not only the comfort, compassion and knowledge but also a voice of reason when everyone else gets so emotional, someone you can go to and tell them how you feel. It can be easier for some people to talk to someone from the outside, because there isn’t all that emotion."
~ Judy, whose husband was in hospice
Grief counseling and retreats
Short-term, individual, couple and family grief counseling is available; call 952-993-0594 to learn more.
A family grief one-day retreat for young families with children who have lost a parent through death is offered annually; call 952-993-0594 for information and referral.
Growing Through Grief
Grief education and support is availble for kids and teens in select school districts. Call Sarah Kroenke at 952-993-6209 or visit our Community Connectivity page to learn more.