Struthers Parkinson’s Center offers a full range of medical management and quality-of-life services for people with Parkinson’s disease and related movement disorders and their families. Our experienced staff uses a team-based approach to provide specialized Parkinson’s care – physical, social, emotional and spiritual – to maximize your function and quality of life.
Our expert team includes neurologists, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, music therapists, speech pathologists, social workers, chaplains and activities professionals.
- Consultation with neurologists specialized in movement disorders
- Deep brain stimulation (assessment and after-care)
- Full-day team assessment
- Ongoing care management
- Full-day team assessment
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy with LSVT BIG and PWR certified therapists
- Specialty clinics for falls prevention, healthy eating and coping with thinking and memory changes
- Speech therapy with LSVT LOUD certified therapists
- Advance care planning
- Club CREATE
- FOCUS program for recently diagnosed patients
- Nursing assessment and education
- Social worker support
- Support groups in five state area
- Therapeutic day program
- Wellness and exercise program
The Struthers Parkinson’s Care Network (SPCN) brings the expertise and experience of Struthers Parkinson’s Center to independent, assisted living and long-term care facilities. This unique relationship gives facilities additional insight into the complexities of Parkinson’s symptoms through the advanced training and ongoing education provided by Struthers Parkinson’s Center.
Caregivers and staff are trained to recognize and understand the complex and often-changing symptoms of Parkinson’s, leading to better communication and enhanced care. In addition, facilities receive specialized training in medication management and falls prevention. SPCN facilities also offer education, resources and support for patients and their families, including support groups and special activities.
For more information about SPCN and partner facilities, call 952-993-5495.
Struthers Parkinson's Center recognizes the important role family members play in helping patients overcome obstacles and live well with Parkinson’s. Patients and care partners can benefit from these services.
- Care partner support groups
- Clinical research opportunities
- Educational classes and conferences for patients, care partners and health professionals
- Respite care through Club CREATE
- Skills-building classes for family care partners
- Social services
- Wellness activities for care partners and people with Parkinson's